By Simone De La Rue
Body By Simone is one of the most popular workouts in the nation, a dance cardio party based in LA and NYC that has some of the biggest celebrities in the world as devotees. Founder Simone De La Rue is quite the powerhouse, constantly teaching, personal training, and growing the BBS brand. So what’s a Day in the Sweat Life like for Simone? Read on.
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Look out my bedroom window at the palm trees, and have a moment of gratitude. Then I walk to Alfred Coffee around the corner from my place, and have a non-fat flat white and a green juice. That’s my daily morning routine.
2. What is your go-to workout?
BBS of course! I work out alongside my clients, so I have no time nor energy for anything else.
3. What does a typical day of meals and snacks look like for you?
I eat Paleo, so my meals are very protein heavy! Chicken, turkey, salmon, eggs, beef, tons of greens and fresh veggies, and always a little chocolate.
4. What is your favorite indulgence?
Chocolate and champagne! I could live on both.
5. What is your healthy living philosophy?
Everything in moderation. Health and exercise should be a lifestyle choice and not a chore. Find what resonates with you and just do it.
6. Do you meditate?
9. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
Set my alarm. My day begins at 6am!