By Gabby Bernstein
Gabby Bernstein is globally known for her motivational speaking on mindfulness and creating your own miracles. She does work with Oprah, spiritual guru Deepak Chopra, and many other household names in the interest of spreading her message to the world. Gabby calls herself a “spirit junkie,” and her daily affirmations make their way into inboxes around the world daily. What is a Day in the Sweat Life like for Gabby? Read on.
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
I say this prayer from A Course in Miracles: Where would you have me go? What would you have me do? What would you have me say? And to whom?
2. What is your go-to workout?
Pilates, Kundalini Yoga, or a hardcore Jillian Michaels video… I also sneak in SoulCycle when I’m in town.
3. What does a typical day of meals and snacks look like for you?
I eat tons of greens and protein. I don’t eat sugar, white flour, or gluten. In the morning I have a green smoothie or gluten-free oatmeal. Then mid-day I’ll have another green smoothie and a salad. I often snack on hummus and carrots. For dinner I often eat some type of organic meat dish. I love to cook!
4. What is your favorite indulgence?
Coffee. It’s my last vice.
5. What is your healthy living philosophy?
Empower your body and your life from the inside out. A positive inner condition will greatly benefit every area of your life, especially your health.
6. Do you meditate?
Twice a day at least.
7. What can we find in your gym bag?
Water, a yoga mat, and a change of clothes.
8. What is your favorite active wear brand?
9. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
10. What or who inspires you?
The people who inspire me most are those who are willing to grow spiritually. Anyone committed to a path of personal growth is my hero.